Slip and fall accidents are extremely common in Stuart and throughout the U.S.
While not every slip and fall is preventable, many of them are and they are the result of negligence.
Slip and fall accidents can be serious. Common injuries include broken bones, back injuries, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries and serious bruising. Some result in lost income, disability or, in extreme cases, death.
Under the law, property owners have a duty to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition. This duty applies especially to those who own commercial properties like restaurants and stores, and is why these establishments generally have slip and fall insurance coverage.
In order to prove a slip and fall case you are required to demonstrate that:
- the incident was caused by a dangerous condition on the property
- that the owner was aware of the condition and did nothing to correct it
- that the condition persisted long enough that a reasonable person would have had time to correct it
A competent slip and fall attorney will do several things after accepting your case:
- photograph your injuries
- obtain your medical records
- question witnesses
- investigate the terms of the property owner’s insurance coverage
- evaluate how your injury has impacted you physically, financially, mentally and professionally
- get a copy of the accident report if one was created
Time is of the essence. Do not delay in hiring a slip and fall attorney. Visible signs of injury heal, witnesses’ memories fade, and reports can get misplaced.
Insurance company attorneys litigate slip and fall accidents all the time. They will employ every aggressive tactic in the book to keep from paying your claim. This is why you need a slip and fall attorney who knows these tactics and can stand up to them.
If you think you have a case, call The Law Office of Joshua W. Deckard today.
DISCLAIMER: THE HIRING OF A LAWYER IS AN IMPORTANT DECISION THAT SHOULD NOT BE BASED SOLELY UPON ADVERTISEMENTS. BEFORE YOU DECIDE, ASK US TO SEND YOU FREE WRITTEN INFORMATION QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE. EVERY LEGAL MATTER IS DIFFERENT. THE OUTCOME OF EACH LEGAL CASE DEPENDS UPON MANY FACTORS, INCLUDING THE FACTS OF THE CASE.